Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fabric Cutting Learning Curve

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."  
-- Albert Einstein

I have totally fallen for quilting.  Love at first stitch, so to speak.  That is, except for the cutting part, which is made extra difficult by lack of space, insufficient work surfaces, and a bad back.  I'm getting better at it with practice and learning a few tricks of the trade from reading all kinds of blogs.  The biggest lesson I learned is that selvages (the edges of fabric that are woven so as to not fray or ravel) are really your best friend for cutting straight lines.  This is a great tutorial on preparing and cutting fabrics: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=6141



All that said, I would love to just get to the designing and sewing part.......which brings me to this:




Please, oh please, with a cherry on top (and whipped cream), let me win this giveaway for an Accuquilt Go! fabric cutter!!!!!


If that fails, maybe Hanukkah Harry or Santa will bring me one for the holidays :)

Happy quilting,
Kira

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts!